Do you have questions about setting up DD-WRT VPN? DD-WRT is firmware created for a Linux system. It works with wireless routers and can actually replace pre-installed firmware on other routers. DD-WRT offers nice features like Kai network support, IPv6, RADIUS, Secure Digital card hardware and many other options.
And it’s true that Linux is one of the most famous examples of a secure system—it is literally the choice of government branches when it comes to operating systems. However, even a system as safe and secure as Linux is still open to threats – especially if you access the Internet using a public WI-FI or even a 3G connection. In order to prevent your information from being stolen, and to surf privately without the threat of spying, you must install a quality VPN connection from a trusted provider.
Here are 10 steps on how to install VPN software on DD-WRT firmware:
- Make sure that your device setup has the PPTP VPN features properly configured. You should see PPTP / PPTP Client on the feature list. If this is not apparent then you may have to flash your router with a DD-WRT version with the proper PPTP settings.
- Go to the Services tab and find the VPN sub-tab to turn on your PPTP server.
- Once you enable this server, more options will appear. Still, you must configure them. Make sure the Server IP is set to your router address and then make sure your Client IP and CHAP-Secrets also match the provided information by the company.
- Make sure the PPTP server, broadcast support and Force MPPE encryption are all enabled.
- Disable the radius feature.
- Apply the settings once everything of importance has been selected.
- Connect your client computers to the VPN. In order to do this, go to the “Set up a new connection or network” option.
- Choose the option that reads “Connect to a workplace”. Do not select an existing connection, but create a new one.
- Choose the option that reads “Use my Internet Connection VPN”.
- Type the address you want to connect to and the destination name. Enter all appropriate username, password and domain name if applicable. Within a few moments you will be all set!
DD-WRT is a complex system, but setting up VPN is the easy part!
- How to Setup Blackberry VPN – 20 May
- How to Setup IOS VPN – 13 May
- How to Setup Mac VPN – 29 Apr
- How to Setup Linux VPN – 22 Apr
- How to Setup Nokia VPN – 8 Apr
- How to Setup Windows VPN – 1 Apr
- How to Setup Boxee VPN – 26 Mar
- How to Setup Xbox VPN – 12 Feb
- How to Setup PS3 VPN – 11 Feb
- How to Setup iPod VPN – 10 Feb
Add a comment
03 April 2013 | 0 Comments
The great people at IPVanish accepted to answer a few questions about their comp30 March 2013 | 0 Comments
Kazakhstan and Russia both have regimes in place that seek to control the Intern22 March 2013 | 3 Comments
Wouldn’t it be great if you could surf online without ever giving a thought to