Apple IOS is the official operating system of the mobile iPhone system. Not only does it run iPhone, but it also controls other innovative Apple products like iPod Touch, iPad and Apple TV. What makes this IOS unique is that it only works for Apple products. Even so, it is one of the most successful OSs in the world, and speculation is that it has been downloaded over 25 billion times. It is also famous for being the OS that introduced the “slide and switch” methods of operation, in addition to buttons.
And you might not think that Apple products are susceptible to security threats, since they are advanced machines, but they are. This is especially true if using WI-FI or 3G technology, which have known security issues. Apple IOS operates via IPSec technology as well as xauth-based user authentication.
Follow these 10 steps to setup a VPN program on your Apple IOS:
- Go to the settings menu from the Apple IOS main screen.
- Choose the General tab.
- Choose network options.
- Find the selection that reads “Add VPN Configuration.”
- You must make sure the configuration is set up accurately. You may need help from the company. In most cases, settings are SSID (the unique server name), the hidden network option set to disabled, Mac address authentication-filtering disabled, and WPA2 Personal (AES) settings on the Security tab.
- Once you’ve created a VPN configuration, you will have the option to turn the VPN feature on or off. Access this through the main Settings screen.
- When you are connected to the Internet with VPN protection, the VPN icon appears in the status bar.
- You may want to use multiple VPN configurations, and if so, you can change these options by accessing Settings, General, Network and VPN.
- If you are prompted for a Shared Secret Key or if you get another alert concerning the “Shared Secret” then you will have to contact a network administrator or IT Department.
- Remember your options, as Apple IOS supports multiple VPN protocols, like L2TP/IPSec, PPTP, IPSec, and Juniper Junos Pulse and Cisco AnyConnect.
Apple IOS is one of the easiest OSs on the market, and even when dealing with complex VPN technology, it is still a manageable tool. If you have trouble connecting beyond these installation procedures, contact customer support for help adjusting configuration settings.
- How to Setup DD-WRT VPN – 3 Jun
- How to Setup Blackberry VPN – 20 May
- How to Setup Mac VPN – 29 Apr
- How to Setup Linux VPN – 22 Apr
- How to Setup Nokia VPN – 8 Apr
- How to Setup Windows VPN – 1 Apr
- How to Setup Boxee VPN – 26 Mar
- How to Setup Xbox VPN – 12 Feb
- How to Setup PS3 VPN – 11 Feb
- How to Setup iPod VPN – 10 Feb
Add a comment
03 April 2013 | 0 Comments
The great people at IPVanish accepted to answer a few questions about their comp30 March 2013 | 0 Comments
Kazakhstan and Russia both have regimes in place that seek to control the Intern22 March 2013 | 3 Comments
Wouldn’t it be great if you could surf online without ever giving a thought to