Many people do not know this, but there is a plethora of games and data out there that you could be accessing through your Playstation 3. These items are called Geo Restricted or Zone Restricted. That simply means that these games are not available in the United States or the United Kingdom. You do not have to be restricted though. Instead, all you need to do is connect to a VPN on your PS3 through your computer. Getting connected is not very hard, but it does involve some steps and from all the vpn providers you’ll need to choose the best vpn for you.
To start with, you need a VPN connection on your computer. There are different VPN services that you could choose, but some of the most well known options that work very well for gaming systems include Kepard and StrongVPN. Be sure to consider your different options based on prices and services. After you have a VPN service installed on your computer, you will just need a crossover cable. These cables are available at any electronics store and if you ask for it by name, a customer service rep will know just what you are talking about. Below are the steps to connecting your PS3 to the VPN on your computer.
- Do not connect your PS3 to the computer yet.
- On the computer, go to the menu at the bottom left of the screen and choose control panel.
- Choose Network and Sharing Center when the control panel window opens up.
- On the left side of the screen, click on “Change Adaptor Settings.”
- Right click on Local Area Connection.
- Click on “Properties.”
- Double click on the setting for “Internet Protocol Version 4.”
- Where it says “Use the following IP Address,” click the check box next to it.
- Under IP Address, fill in the following: 126.96.36.199
- Under Subnet Mask, fill in the following: 255.255.255.0
- Leave everything else alone and click “ok.”
- In your Network & Sharing Center, right click on VPN and choose Main Sharing
- Next to “Allow other networks to connect,” choose to check the check box.
- At the top of the screen, you should see a menu called “Home Networking Connections.”
- You will either see Local Area Connection or you will see PS3. Choose whichever one you see.
- Do not change anything else on the screen and just click “ok.”
- Close everything and connect your computer to the VPN.
- Connect your Playstation 3 to the computer using the crossover cable.
- Connect your PS3 to the Internet through the computer
Below is a video from youtube that might help you with your VPN connection on PS3:
Now, your PS3 will be on the VPN and you will have access to all of the Geo Restricted games and content available.
Recommended VPN Providers for PS3 VPN
|$11/month||Over 200 servers||
|$4.95/month||servers in 9 countries||
|$5.99/month||3 day money back||
- How to Setup DD-WRT VPN – 3 Jun
- How to Setup Blackberry VPN – 20 May
- How to Setup IOS VPN – 13 May
- How to Setup Mac VPN – 29 Apr
- How to Setup Linux VPN – 22 Apr
- How to Setup Nokia VPN – 8 Apr
- How to Setup Windows VPN – 1 Apr
- How to Setup Boxee VPN – 26 Mar
- How to Setup Xbox VPN – 12 Feb
- How to Setup iPod VPN – 10 Feb
Add a comment
03 April 2013 | 0 Comments
The great people at IPVanish accepted to answer a few questions about their comp30 March 2013 | 0 Comments
Kazakhstan and Russia both have regimes in place that seek to control the Intern22 March 2013 | 3 Comments
Wouldn’t it be great if you could surf online without ever giving a thought to