Many people think that they do not need a VPN for their gaming system. After all, their Xbox 360 is on a secured home Internet connection. However, virtual private networks have other uses. When you have a VPN on your Xbox 360, you will find that it opens up many doors. You will be able to access games that have been previously Geo Restricted or Zone Restricted. In addition, you can access them without having to worry about security and privacy. Setting up VPN on your Xbox is not that hard at all. All you need to do is follow some basic steps. Here are the steps that you will need to take.
- You will need a crossover cable. This will be available at almost any electronics store. This cable will allow you to connect your Xbox 360 to your computer.
- You will also need a VPN service on your computer. You can choose from any of the VPN providers that are available.
- On your computer, go to the menu at the bottom left of your computer screen.
- Choose control panel.
- Choose Network and Sharing Center
- Choose Change Adaptor Settings
- Then right click on local area connections and choose properties. If you have a Mac computer, then you will need to open local area connections settings.
- Under properties, you will need to double click on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Select the check box for “Use the following IP Address.”
- You will need to fill in two fields, the one called “IP Address” and the one called “Subnet Mask.”
- Under IP Address, use 126.96.36.199
- Under Subnet Mask, use 255.255.255.0
- Do not change anything else on this screen and simply click “ok”
- This will close out the local area connection and take you back to the Network and Sharing Center.
- Right click on the title for “VPN” and choose “main sharing”
- There will be a check box next to “Allow other networks to connect.” Make sure this check box is marked.
- There will be a drop down menu called Home Networking Connections. Choose local area network from this. There is a possibility that Xbox 360 will appear here. If it does, choose it instead.
- Leave the other two options unchecked.
- Now, connect your computer to your VPN
- Connect your Xbox 360 to your computer with the crossover cable and connect to the Internet.
Now, your Xbox 360 will be connected through the VPN and you will have access to the restricted games that you would like to use.
- How to Setup DD-WRT VPN – 3 Jun
- How to Setup Blackberry VPN – 20 May
- How to Setup IOS VPN – 13 May
- How to Setup Mac VPN – 29 Apr
- How to Setup Linux VPN – 22 Apr
- How to Setup Nokia VPN – 8 Apr
- How to Setup Windows VPN – 1 Apr
- How to Setup Boxee VPN – 26 Mar
- How to Setup PS3 VPN – 11 Feb
- How to Setup iPod VPN – 10 Feb
Add a comment
03 April 2013 | 0 Comments
The great people at IPVanish accepted to answer a few questions about their comp30 March 2013 | 0 Comments
Kazakhstan and Russia both have regimes in place that seek to control the Intern22 March 2013 | 3 Comments
Wouldn’t it be great if you could surf online without ever giving a thought to